Sunday, January 8, 2012

SRS Aftercare

SRS Aftercare
Dilating:
Dilating is one of those things that you hear all sorts of stories about. It is most important that you dilate, regardless of your feelings and fears pain level please dilate. If your surgeon has made the best and most beautiful vagina in the world it will be to zero if you do not look after it.
To me dilating was a scary thing; I was afraid of pushing too hard and bursting the stitches but it was only a false fear. Yes it was quite painful at first about 7/10 but that quickly subsided with each dilating session.
A dilating session would start with cleaning around the area with cotton wool and antiseptic (diluted Detol or Betadine solution). Then you place a condom over the dilator and apply a liberal amount of KY cream to it and your brand new vagina, then slowly insert I found the first inch or so very easy but then you come to the spot where the vagina passes through the muscle this is where I found it the hardest going but just keep pushing firmly. When you get to full depth you will feel the back pressure on the dilator. Then hold it in there for as long as you where instructed, with me it was only 20min. After dilating you need to clean up, to me the easiest was to shower and use a hand held shower spray this made it very easy. In the early days you will need to dry the area and apply antiseptic powder or wash to the stitches. It is relatively simple but listen to your doctor when he tells what he wants you to do. After the fear goes dilating is very boring, get a book watch TV or a DVD to help pass the time. You are doomed to dilate for the rest of your life unless you have an active sex life.
The other thing that I was very concerned about was how would I know when to urinate and how would I do it, in actuality it was the one thing that turned out to be the easiest. The trick was in the hospital Dr.Saran had the nurse put a clamp on the catheter and left it for several hours then would come in and releases it. She would tell me how much urine was in the bag so after a short time I know exactly what the feeling was when my bladder was full. So when Dr.Saran removed the catheter and I felt I needed to go to the toilet I just went. The same muscles that I used were still in use so it was very simple.

1 comment:

Alice Paige said...

certainly doesn't sound that enjoyable Having to dilate.
But its still am important part of maintaining that new vagina feel

but some things are worth the extra effort