Thursday, January 5, 2012

Recovering from SRS

Recovering from SRS
After the operation I stayed overnight in the intensive care ward. The only things that gave me any concern was I felt freezing when I came out of the anesthetic but the nurses where on the ball and put a special heating blanket that was so nice on me. I had trouble getting enough air, so they took the mask off my face and put the little tube near my nose with oxygen this worked surprisingly well.
Up in the ward where I had a room to myself all went well. It was very clean and quite modern more like a Motel room with fridge tv and the usual things you would expect in a hospital. I was hooked up to a drip with painkillers and saline. From under the sheet I could see the drainage tubes for the breast implants and the SRS drains. There was very little blood in the drains that I was quite surprised about. Also I was in no pain the most I could say is that it was uncomfortable. I will include a photo it looks painful but it wasn’t for me (that doesn’t mean it will be the same for every one).



Dr.Saran come in that evening and checked that all was right. He came in every day that I was in the ward, it wasn’t just pop in and out but he would spend time with me.
Next day it was up and out of bed. Getting over the edge of the bed was the most discomfort I had in all my time in recovery. It was not sharp pain just very awkward getting over the edge of the bed with all the padding. Standing up and walking was just strange, I walked like a duck but it was much easier than I thought it would be. Each day it was easier than the day before day six some of the stitches and the padding was taken out with the drains. I was very surprised when Dr Saran said he was finished. I had expected pain when the tubes weres taken out but I did not feel him removing them. Once again this may vary with different people, but for me it went well.
Next time I will deal with urinating and after care.

1 comment:

Alice Paige said...

WOW
Thankyou again for sharing not just your story but the image as well its certainly an eye opener to see just what I can expect when its finally my time
I enjoy the fact you don't sugar coat it