Thursday, November 10, 2011

My First Gender Meeting

About nine months after starting hormone treatment I was told by my physiatrist that I should look up a Trans Gender group on the internet. I duly found VicGender, they held meeting once a month in the home of the president so I registered as a member and arranged to go to the next meeting.
The day came and I was scared stiff as I had only meet one other TG person so to go to a meeting was very daunting. But off I went I was the second there I was literally ringing wet, most embarrassing but they were very friendly and soon put me at ease.
After half an hour six more turned up. Three of the girls had just come back from Bangkok where they had sex reaciment surgery (SRS). The discussion turned to the look of the finished surgery and how it looked compared to a genetic woman. So one of the girls said would you like to have a look at the results? I said yes so off to the bed room we all went one of the girls striped and showed the scars in her arm pit where the breast implants where inserted. Then she lay on the bead and opened her legs, what a sight it looked all swollen and bruised. But she reassured us that the purple color was good as it meant that there was good blood flow to the grafted tissue. The operation was only six weeks ago so it gave me a very good idea of what it would be in for me if I had SRS. Then another girl showed her SRS. But that not all there was another girl that had been operated on six months earlier and another whose operation was one year before.
This was the best introduction that I could have had to TG groups and community. It was done with great dignity and kindness I cannot thank those girls enough. This was a real turning point in my life as to this time I was told by religious magazine that the operation left you scared and without any feeling. It was just mutilating my body, but clearly this was written by people who had a wheelbarrow to push and the facts where quite different to this predigest look they had about SRS. But to me it left me with a dilemma, I now new that I could have my body changed to the way I thought it should have been from the beginning of my life.

No comments: